LOVE your neighbor as I have loved you (the greatest commandment of all time.) BEAUTY comes from within. Anything that does not GROW is dead. we all reach that proverbial fork in the road, the road that we choose is our DESTINY.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Where did you meet him?

So on a Friday night hanging with the girls of course the subject that is men IS going to arise. So tonight our convo started with me commenting on how I am tired of falling for men who are actors or into the arts (simply because why should both of us be broke?) Then my friend replied by saying, "you tend to date men who are in the places you hang out most." Maybe this isn't profound for most people but I still feel like we had a small "aha" moment. One of my other girls was like, "Damn, thats why I always end up with hood niggas because thats where I am always at!"
Like duh thats why we are like, "Let's go to Ladera to hang out at Starbuck." Perhaps we believe the Starbucks brotha will offer us something other the men we hang out with do. If you are in a gym all the time then you will probably date gym guys. If you are at church all the time you will probably date church guys. Soooo if you are at work all the time where its ran by mostly women...who do you date? Or if you are so dedicated to your daily routine because you are on your hustle, where do you meet people?
Things like this usually don't perplex me. I guess its something about being in my mid twenties and in a new city that has me thinking "where are the men?" For now, that won't be my first priority but it will always be on the back of my mind.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home